Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Living Lightly

What is "living lightly"?

I mean this in all respects:  environmentally, karma-wise, physically, figuratively, you name it.  My weight, my guilt, my judgements, my spending, my compulsions, my wanting.  Oh Christ, that I might not have all this WANT:


Here I place my Buddhist sentiments.  I have deliberated some time about striving.  Striving in front of my children, even.  But, finally, I think that I must continue earnestly to better myself even at the risk of miserable failure, if only because the children are watching.  Better them to see me try and fail than never try at all.  What I expect of them I cannot avoid myself.

Time for accounting.  Time to come due.  Solipsis. 

Pour me a glass of wine please.  I am going to be here awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Your glass of wine is poured... ;) Love it! {the children are watching} So, so true.

    ReplyDelete